Creamy, Cheesy Sloppy Joe Dip
INGREDIENTS (Serves 8 to 10):
1 pound ground beef, pork or turkey
1 (16 oz) jar Old Havana Foods® Chili Cubano
8 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces diced green chilis
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup sliced olives (green pimento stuffed or kalamata)
¼ cup raisins
2 tablespoons sherry (medium dry)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Place ground meat in pre-heated skillet.
2. Brown ground meat until no longer pink, breaking up with spoon. Add Old Havana Foods® Chili Cubano; stir well to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
OPTIONAL: For an extra punch of Cuban flavor add ¼ cup sliced olives, ¼ cup raisins and 2 tablespoons sherry while browning meat.
3. Soften cream cheese in microwave, stir until smooth. Add green chilis and stir until combined. Spread cream cheese chili mixture in bottom of a glass or ceramic pie pan coated with non-stick spray.
4. Top cream cheese layer with meat mixture spreading evenly to cover. Sprinkle shredded cheese over meat layer. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly brown.
5. Serve with tortilla chips and hot sauce as desired.